Here's a question I get quite often in my video workshops: "How can I add a gap and cover that gap with B-Roll?" In this tutorial I'll show you how:
- Find the place where you want to add a gap
- Click once to move the playhead to that location
- Right click and choose 'Split Clip' or just hit Control + B on your keyboard
- Go to 'Maps & Backgrounds' in the lower left
- Drag the black background to where you split the clip
- Drag additional footage on top of the clips to cover up the gap
What do you think? Was this helpful? Have questions about editing in iMovie? Let us know in the comments!